- My special thanks go to the individuals and institutions listed below :-
- The late Mr.D.W.H.Neilson of Catton Hall, who kindly lent me his copy of the catalogue of all the documents in the Catton Collection.
- Dr.S.Taylor of Barton, who gave me valuable advice relating to the transcription.
- Mrs.W.Casey, Secretary to the late Mr.D.W.H.Neilson, who gave me valuable assistance.
- Mr.L.Blacknell of Barton, who kindly scrutinised the script.
- Mr.E.Bletcher of Derby Central Library (in 1969).
- The Corporation of London Records Office, Guildhall, London.
- The Public Records Office, Chancery Lane, London.
- The Royal Commission on Historical Manuscripts, Chancery Lane, London.
- The Department of Romano-British Antiquities, British Museum, London.
- The Department of Manuscripts, British Library, London.
- The Duchy of Lancaster, Lancaster House, London.
- Derbyshire Records Office, Matlock.
- Lichfield Joint Records Office, Lichfield.
Further information came from the following sources :-
- The Ordnance Survey & the County Planning Department.
- Tithe Maps.
- Victoria History of Staffordshire.
- “Adrian Saravia”, Rector of Tatenhill, 1588-1595. G.E.Carey.
- “A History of Thomas Russell and Barton School” G.E.Carey.
Barton under Needwood,1999.